Revolt in paradise

Sunday, April 13, 2014

Aðkomumaður.

I remember the first time I laid my eyes on him.

It was a wonderful concert. No we haven't known each other, probably never will. I can't remember exactly how you looked like back then, but you were with another girl. I was happy. I think you were happy too. It was a lovely evening.

I remember today quite well.

I knew I would meet you there. Or at least, I really, truly hope so. I looked everywhere. Wander around the venue like a weirdo, instead of looking at the goods being sold at the market, like normal people, I searched for you. There were too many people. I started forgetting your face.

After a few hours, I got tired. Maybe I won't see you today, I thought. As a little more time passed by, I removed the 'maybe' from my previous statement.

I won't see you today.

I can feel a tiny bit disappointment in my voice, even though I utter those words very quietly in my mind.

And, well, just like any cheesy, dramatic, hollywood inspired story, of course I have to meet you after I am absolutely sure I won't. This time, I still dont remember how you looked like, exactly - your clothes, or the fact that you were wearing a hat and it's indoors but I don't really care, heck, I can't even remember what hat you were wearing. But I remember one thing clearly. This time, you looked at me and smiled.

I smiled back.

And then we parted ways, probably for a very long time, probably for tomorrow, nobody knows.

All I know is, I was happy.