He always left the lights on.
He always left the lights on. I was always against it. I disagree on the amount of energy wasted throughout the night, but moreover, of being able to see because of it. Of being seen, too. I have always disliked both. I like being in the dark. Being born a woman, in particular, means always being seen, wherever you go, in anything that you do. And as a result, whichever breeds which; always noticing, always doubting, never at ease, rarely just be.
But I realized, even against the dark depths and barriers of my mind, there are still things I just can't escape. There are projections, feelings, visions, personal manifestations that I would see, suppose that I need to see them. But the real question would be, are these sightings absolutely indispensable? Is there any pattern, any reasoning at all, any sign that the ones haunting you could possibly or supposedly alter something in the future or simply or future reflecting back to the past and a glitch in the nonlinear sphere/fabric of time?
And this, is why Haunting of Hill House was mad & beyond scary for me.