Revolt in paradise

Saturday, December 29, 2012

Christmas update!

Merry merry merry H+4 Christmas people!!!!

For the last 10 days (from December 18th to 28th) I've visited approximately 15 (big or small) towns, took almost 1700 photos, finished 3 rolls of film, and stayed at 5 different hotels. I've always loved visiting new places, and these towns proved to be better and more awesome than i thought they would be. I've only been in Jakarta for like 12 hours (minus sleeping) and I find myself missing Malang. The main reason is probably my noisy hillarious cousins :-( but oh well I miss jakarta too, the crazy traffics, the infinite sea of people, but mostly my bed and bolster and bed cover and oh also the love of my life, wi-fi. Yep.

Anyway I have so much stories to tell but it's no fun without pictures, and my camera is too far away and I haven't transfered the pictures to the laptop and my sister's using it so, next post maybe. I have this irresistable urge to write, tho (probably because the lack of things I can do at home besides internet tv and eating) so I'm gonna write about something else. Yay.

I currently have two new found loves. You've probably guessed the first one. I love small towns. I think it's more or less influenced some novels I've read lately, e.g. John Green's Paper Towns. There's just something about small towns. The people - who's a lot more friendlier and genuine, the landmarks, no tall skyscrapers, so many greens everywhere, trees, ricefields, traditional transportations and buildings, less pollution (obviously) and the skies are even brighter & blue. It's just... Very Indonesian, in a good way. Not to mention cheaper price at almost anything, food, clothing, souvenirs, you name it. Well maybe the clothes are what we call nowadays 'alay', but there's no such thing as alay food, teehee. Semarang is one of my fave because it's filled with vintage buildings and houses all over the town. Plus, there's so many fujifilm or kodak or other photo labs! Which leads us to new found love number two...

I love film cameras. This is not entirely new actually, I've loved film cameras since junior high school and I've tried using one then but I wasn't that addicted cause my friends were all over dslrs and I loved the convenience of using a dslr too, he he. But after seeing so many analog photography blogs suggesting to try shooting film and being given an analog toy camera, I fell in love again, deep. Films are so much fun! There's so many techniques and so many amazing cameras and so many types of films. I love the smell of film rolls, the uncertainty of the end result, the joy of finding cheap, expired film, there's just too much to love, really :") I only have three film cameras tho, and they are all considered toycams with the fixed apertures and shutter speed and stuffs, so I'm saving up to buy, umm, well, hopefully, a Canon AE-1 or a Nikon FM2. Yippe :")

I think I'm done for now. I figured that it's cooler to talk about things you love in English, right... (And I just talked about how much I loved Indonesia and it's small towns *sigh*) anyway happy holidays folks!!! Have a great weekend & happy new year x