Revolt in paradise

Thursday, June 26, 2014

Addiction.

As much as I said I hate routines
and a monotonous life,
I am addicted to
things that can not change.
Things that doesn't have
the power to change,
or in other words,
Things that doesn't have
the power to leave.

That is why I drown myself
in books, music, poetry, movies.
Things that are already been written,
things that are already done.
Things that could be rewritten or changed,
but there will still be a copy of it
that doesn't change.

That is why people shouldn't drown themselves
in people.
You can't make homes out of a person,
somebody should've told you that.*
Families turn against each other,
friends, schools, even countries
turn against each other.

Every single thing
that is run by people
has a probability
of turning itself against you.

Every single thing
that is made by human beings
has a tendency
to fall apart.

And so, why, I wonder
do I still think of you?



P. M.


*from Warsan Shire's wonderful poem, 'For Women Who Are Difficult to Love'.