Revolt in paradise

Friday, August 29, 2014

Lyfe hacks #1

The hardest thing (and the most important one, probably) to do in this world, in order to be happy, is to feel content. To be grateful at the littlest bit of things, to appreciate every little details, every twists, every slight or huge incline and decline in life.

Well, the feeling of contentment, is pretty much like happiness - it is not something to be 'reached', it is not an achievement or a destination, it exists simultaneously as our life goes on. You just need to look around to find them. It is something you need to fight for, especially in a world that's always trying to crush even the slightest ray of sunshine.

I was 'put' in a situation (or maybe you should call it a life) that I've never imagined it would be, and even if i had imagined it I want absolutely no part of it. It's like life had a list of everything I could possibly want out of it, and gave me the exact opposite.

And it'll be bullshit if I said I've never regretted the things I have done in the past and ended up here, but, being here (you probably dont know where I am but hey maybe this sentence could apply to you) has taught me so much. What I had as a comfort zone in the previous period in my life was ugly. I was really cruel and mean and judgemental and full of hatred and probably heartless (and sometimes I even think of myself as none of the above). I admit my life now is still far from what people would call beautiful, and I still do some of the activities listed up there now and then, but at least I can say I'm on my way and I sort of have made peace with myself in the past.

Ah well, being at peace with yourself is something to fight for everyday too. (Especially if he/she is extremely talkative and bitchy and has a hobby of reminding yourself of your past regrets and mistakes at 2 in the morning), but it is worth fighting for. Because, on a very, very rare time (just like this one I'm sort of currently having), you get to feel content, and happy. Even though in a larger scale it's probably like being in the eye of a storm, it's actually not such a bad feeling. You see the storm in front of you, it's coming fast and it's horrible and it's frightening, but you can also see the storm you have overcomed behind you was just as frightening. And you got past that, and it made you stronger than before you passed it, and you will become stronger after you passed the next one. 

(If I said this to myself when I'm at a depressing state I'll probably slap myself but here goes): try not to take life too seriously. Think of it as an immature younger brother who does things specifically to annoy you. Dont give him the satisfaction of thinking he is actually capable of controlling how you feel.

And remember, if he goes too far and it's getting out of control, you have a Father.