Revolt in paradise

Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Cerita tentang langit dan samudera



January 6th, 2016 / 19:32

"Do you know what stars and waves have in common?" I asked.

"Waves as in sea waves?" I nodded. "No. Tell me."

"They are both ephemeral and eternal. I don't think I've ever seen the same star or constellation twice. Even if I do I always get so mesmerized by them; never in my whole life have I ever not fascinated by those teeny tiny glowing dust in the sky. And yet there are actually scientific explanation about how they always stay the same and even form a certain shape at a specific time and space and they exist long before humans do, and will probably exist long after we're gone. The same goes with waves. They always vary in size, shape, length, strength and they come as fast as they are gone, but they are eternal; ever changing but also everlasting."

"That's a very interesting concept," he smiled. "There's also one more thing that has both traits."

"Really? What is it?"

"Love."

"How so?"

"It varies in depth and size, and some are ever changing but also everlasting. You can love as many people as you can and even so each one is special, you can never love everyone equally. Sometimes you see it loud and clear, sometimes you end up wondering if you made it up inside your head." He paused and smiled,

"Love sometimes changes form, but it never ceases for anybody."

I gasped. "Don't you dare. That's my favorite Bukowski quote."

"No it's not," he smiled again, "but still as true."